I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Tricycles

The main mode of transportation here is the "tricycle". It is great, you flag it down like a taxi or there are specific places that they will pick you up, like a bus stop.
My first tricycle experience was our clinic day. I left before they started the surgery for the day. I was a nervous to go on the tricycle myself, but Fleur assured me it would be fine.
Luckily, Dr. Majong came to my rescue! He hadn't checked into the hotel yet and needed to, so he rode with me. He sat on the back of the motorcycle and I sat inside.
Thanks, Dr. Majong for letting me stay dry!
My driver.
He thought I was a little crazy for wanting to take his picture!
Kevin took this picture to show how they can get a lot of people on one tricycle. Fleur said that 20 people can fit. I would like to see it.
The more people that get on, the more money they make.
Just to let you know how much they make here's the breakdown:
About 45 pesos make 1 dollar.
It costs 7 pesos per person to ride from on place to another in town.
They are not making a lot of money.

This is a lovely shot of Kevin & I both riding in the little cart.
It was cozy!



No comments: