I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, January 28, 2010

THE NURSES

I am almost finished with my Philippine Adventure, but I couldn’t  finish without a tribute to the nurses.

P1030346

Kring-Kring, Mitch, & Julie--Taking a “Break”

A little background on Filipino nurses. There are quite a few nursing programs in the Philippines and they graduate a lot of nurses.

P1030222 Nursing Students

The problem is that they don’t have a lot of jobs for them. So, they are basically required to volunteer for at least 1 year before they can get a job, and even then it isn’t guaranteed.

The one thing that caught my eye from the moment I met the nurses is that they are always smiling.

P1030020They never once complained about the long hours they spent working. Even when it was 2:00 am and they had to be back at the hospital at 8:00 am.

P1030135Julie & Mitch

They are an inspiration to me and a great example of  generosity, kindness and happiness.

Thanks for letting me spend 2 wonderful weeks with you. I know my attitude about a lot of things have changed because of “The Nurses”! 

P1030022 Mitch, Kring-Kring, Julie, Flor

No comments: