I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Monday, January 11, 2010

Day One. . .Evaluation Clinic

Since Kevin has done these missions before, I knew there would be a clinic where they would do evaluations to see all of the patients and decide if they would be able to help them or not. I can not describe the feeling I had today when we walked out into the waiting room and saw all of these beautiful children and their families. We saw about 40 patients and were able to schedule about 33 surgeries. This little girl stole my heart the moment I saw her. And her mother is beautiful!
We have a picture similar to this one from when Kevin went on his first mission with ICSF. The kids are facinated with the stethoscope!

It is amazing to me the time and attention Dr. Williams and all of the members of the team gave to each person that came in. I think the youngest was 6 months and the oldest was 27 years. I would love to share all of the pictures I took today, but it takes way to long to load them on blogger. I will try before the end of the week to have some before and after. I am sure the outcome will be amazing as always!
Thanks to Dr. Geoff Williams for letting me share this experience with him!



3 comments:

Key Fam said...

Amazing, you guys! I'm so glad she was able to go with you this time and share some more of the experience with all of us back home here. That's just and awesome adventure you're both on!! Can't wait to see and read more!!

Julie said...

You guys are doing such a great thing Sandra! This was always a plan Stan and I had, and I''m a little sad that part of my life won't happen. I am so glad you are doing it though!!! Thanks for posting pictures and updates. It'll be great to follow your adventure.

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting the pictures.