I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Days 2 & 3

So, day two the work really began. They had a full day of surgery. I was able to go in and see what Kevin does all day to provide for our family! For those of you who know me well, know the operating room is probably the last place I would choose to spend my time (something about the sights and smells).
Since the reason I came to the Philippines was to really see what Dr. Williams does, the best place to be was in the OR.
My daily attire is scrubs, hat and occasionally a mask when I go into the operating room.
Yes I really am in there, sitting on a stool behind the anesthesia machine. This is as close as I got to the patient! The following pictures are what I took, to prove I was in there!
Dr. Majong, Kevin and Kesh getting the baby put to sleep.

Kevin, Dr. Porter, Fleur, Dr. Williams, & nursing student.

Yes, I took this picture! From behind the anesthesia machine!
See Kevin doing his job? That's what he does, watch the patient, watch the moniter, listen to the machine, write down how the patient is doing every 5 minutes. Actually, there is a lot more that he does, and I have heard and now seen he does his job well!


Today is day 3.

When we arrived at the hospital, Kevin and I went to the ward to see the kids who had had their surgeries and who would be getting them today. Yesterday we had given some coloring books and crayons, today,the little girl on the right,who was having surgery when I left today, wanted to show us the pictures she had colored! She was a sweetie. The boy on the left was another one who stole my heart the first day. He is 13 and so handsome and has the best smile. He had his lip repaired last night, you can't see it that well in this picutre, but it looks great. I can't wait until he comes back next week to get stitches out.




No comments: