I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kelsi...The Novelist


At the end of October Kelsi came home and said that November was National Novelist month and that there was a writing club that she wanted to join so she could write a novel. I said "Great, sign up!" So she did. The goal for 6th graders is to write a 6,000 word novel. I knew it would be a big challenge, they couldn't start writing before November 1 and had to stop writing by midnight November 30. Kelsi & I figured she would have to write 200 words a day to complete her goal. She started out on fire, writing every day. By the last week of November (Thanksgiving week) the excitement had sort of worn off and she was slowing down. But we kept encouraging her. On Saturday at Grandma's she said she had 1,400 words to go and didn't think she could get it done. I told her if she really wanted it to just keep at it and she could do it. Then she asked if she did get it finished by Sunday night, if I would buy her a Build-A-Bear Penguin (her story was about penguins). How could I refuse? As you can see by the picture she finished her novel, got her certificate and her Build-A-Bear penguin. Her novel along with the others who finished will be published and put in her school library. WAY TO GO KESLI!!!

2 comments:

WeTheTeeples said...

Congrats Kelsi!! That is pretty amazing. Are you going to post it on line so we can read it?

Sean said...

Go Kelsi! That is so awesome. If anyone could write a novel in 6th grade, it's you. I've loved reading many of your stories (including cute illustrations of course) over the past few years. I can't wait to read this one. Congrats, author! The English geek in me is jumping for joy.

Dianne