I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

REMODEL

So we are not happy unless something is torn apart…right?

For quiet awhile I have wanted to change our office. It had a desk built into a closet with some shelves that Kevin had installed. It was okay, but I knew it could be better. If you notice in the picture the walls on each side of the desk…dead space. Almost 5 feet of dead, wasted space!

025

So I have “a guy” that is pretty amazing. I tell him kind of what I want, and he draws up a plan and its is exactly what I want!

On Monday he came to start “the plan”. First order of business…taking down those useless wall.

030

033

YEA!!! No more wasted space!

Tuesday…take down the rest of the sheet rock. “My guy” also knows “a guy”…an electrician…He was my friend on Tuesday. When the sheetrock came down, there was some crazy electrical stuff behind there! He took care of that, moved electrical boxes added more boxes and put in lights in my ceiling!

034

Crazy wiring!

035

“My guy” and his “guy”! Oh another thing we found in the wasted space was some funky plumbing (on the right side) any way, “my guys” guy is also pretty good at plumbing. He took care of that for me also!

037

Wednesday…today. The electrician came again today to finish up all he needed to do until the painting is done and the cabinets are in. One crazy thing (it seems “crazy” is the theme for this project"), when the electrician/plumber was looking for my main water valve to shut off so  he could fix my plumbing he couldn’t find it. It wasn’t for lack of looking, we both looked in every closet, room, storage space even the garage…no luck! In fact I called my friend who has my exact same floor plan to ask where her valve was, she knew exactly where it was, so I looked in the same area…not there! I have to find it. If we ever had an issue and we needed to shut off the water, we would be in sorry shape! Anyway….back to today, “my guy” also has another “guy”…the “tape & texture” guy! After “my guy” hung the sheetrock today, his “other guy” came to tape. The office is starting to look amazing!!!

045

1 comment:

Julie said...

Awesome! I need some of those "guys"!!